June 09, 2021 2 min read

Countless companies are contributing to plastic waste with the millions of plastic mailers used to ship their online orders.

We're choosing a higher road with a lower carbon footprint, compostable mailers.

.
.
It's no secret the recycling industry is not what we would believe it to be. Between the years of 1950 and 2015, only 9% of the plastics we "recycled" were properly recycled. The remaining 91% ended up in landfills, or worse, polluted the environment like any other trash.
The recycling industry has not caught up with the demands of the amount of trash we as a population create and, as a result, many plastic are treated just as any other trash. Plastic bubble mailers we've received from ordering online from countless websites, like the one pictured above, are hurting the environment more than we may realize.
.
.
The question we should all be asking is...
"How do we overcome what has now become a trash AND recycling problem?" 
.
Eco-friendly packaging, such as biodegradable and compostable packaging, are some of the best solutions for this overwhelming issue with ecommerce businesses. 
.

What is eco-friendly packaging? 

Eco-friendly packaging is often made of more sustainable material that has a reduced impact on the environment than traditional plastic packaging. This type of packaging is also created to help reduce waste, use minimal renewable resources during its production, and to be more safe to consumers and the environment throughout its lifetime.
.

What sets our mailers apart -

We began using compostable mailers through Better Packaging Co. as a means to reduce our carbon footprint and transform our ecommerce business for the better.  Our new compostable mailers are made of renewable plant materials and PBAT, and can be broken down to join the soil in less than 180 days. 

Not shockingly, the use of compostable mailers has been found to reduce carbon emissions by 60% compared to traditional plastic mailers that are more harmful to the environment. 

.

It's simple really, instead of throwing your mailer away once you've removed yourWildway goodies, do any of the following:

Throw it in your compost

Use it as a planter when planting veggies, flowers, and anything else into your garden

Throw it in with your food scraps and garden waste

.

Want to help improve your ecommerce methods even further?

For another way to help the environment when you order online, choose to offset the carbon emissions created for us to ship your Wildway order to you with just one little click. 

At checkout, simply click the box shown above and we will offset an equal amount of carbon emissions. To this day, we've offset more than 113,000-lbs of carbon, which is the equivalent of saving over 10,000 trees!



Also in Our Impact

the truth about the recycling industry
Better Packaging for A Better Wild

June 09, 2021 5 min read

There's a lot we have been misinformed about regarding the recycling industry. We're changing the way we package, and from countless hours of research we're sharing all the secrets about recycling we've learned along the way. This is the truth and these are the steps we're taking in a better direction.
Read More
how a business offsets carbon emissions
Cleaning the Air We Breathe

June 09, 2021 2 min read

We’re working to clean up the air we breathe, and it all starts with you. Read about how our customers are offsetting thousands of pounds of CO2 emissions by checking one little box at checkout.
Read More
teaming up with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation
Joining Forces for the Environment

June 09, 2021 2 min read

Read along to learn how we're teaming up with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation, an organization that's close to home, to better the environment.
Read More