Paleo Peppermint Brownies with Frosting
Get the recipe:
- 2/3c. Wildway Grain-Free Toasted Coconut Hot Cereal
- 2tbsp Tapioca starch
- 2/3c. Cacao powder
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1/2tsp Baking powder
- 1/3c. Coconut Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3c. Coconut oil, melted
- 3tbsp Nut butter
- 1/2tsp Peppermint extract
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4c. Chocolate Chips
- 2tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1tbsp Maple syrup
- 1/4tsp Peppermint extract
- 1/2tsp Vanilla extract
Topping: 1/4c. Wildway Grain-Free Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark Granola
- Preheat your oven to 325F and lightly grease a square pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, combine almond flour, tapioca starch, cacao powder, baking powder, salt, and coconut sugar. Pulse until well combined.
- Add in eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond butter, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract. Process until well combined.
- Transfer brownie batter to the greased square pan and smooth the top evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes until able to cleanly insert and remove a toothpick. When finished baking, allow the brownies to cool on a wire rack.
- Next, make the frosting by combining chocolate chips, coconut oil, maple syrup in a medium bowl, then microwave for 1 minute and stir well. Continue to microwave in 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted. Stir between each interval.
- Stir in peppermint and vanilla extracts to the chocolate mixture. Pour the frosting mixture over the brownies. Let cool and top with Wildway Dark Chocolate Peppermint Granola. Place in the fridge to chill and harden for 30 minutes, or until solid. Serve once chilled and enjoy!